What am I doing here?

Go down

What am I doing here?

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/25/2010, 11:23 pm

Nothing at the moment. My name is Stig, 29 years old and I am from Norway. I have been designing logos ever since I started BB in season 5, for myself and other users. I find this project interresting and hope I'll be able to contribute in time. I am pondering on a BB trading card idea, which I believe would be brilliant as a separate application (maybe for facebook, maybe for mobile devices, maybe as a standalone page), but I only have the ideas and some graphic ability. It could be fun to publish something like "player of the month/trading card of the month" to see the feedback approves or dismiss the idea. I start school on monday and it will most likely take some time before I have slipped into study modus again (over 10 years since I last put a foot into any educational facility).
Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Team Oslo West Pomeranians

Back to top Go down

Re: What am I doing here?

Post by N#23 on 8/26/2010, 5:15 pm

LOOOL ! The title is : What am I doing here ? The answer is :
Svett Sleik wrote:Nothing at the moment.
Well that's not really true. Like we've said on the 'Logo Design' forum, you'll give your ideas on the design of 'In the Buzzer' thanks to your graphic abilities Wink.

Trading card ? What are does ? Can you tell us more ?

~ Chief Executive Of "In the Buzzer".
Journalists/Columnists & Layout artist.

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

http://inthebuzzer.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/27/2010, 2:28 am

Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/27/2010, 4:40 pm

I just read your idea on the link you've sent above, and I have to say that you're very enthusiast and believe in your project ! Keep on going !

You are planning to create something very complicated. Complicated in a sense that this project is built around a push system. Indeed, your idea does not respond to facebook users demand. Instead, you 'push' your trading cards hoping that it'll satisfy their needs. In this case : their entertaining needs.

I used to love trading cards when I was about 10 years old. I loved it because it was tangible. The cards were beautiful and the material increased my addiction. So if I can give you an advice, try to create something interactive and dynamic. The way of consuming things on the Internet is not same as in real life. Word of honor Razz.

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/27/2010, 7:14 pm

My thought with them was more as a commercial stunt that will draw users to buzzerbeater. If I was adept at flash I would make it myself, but I am not.
Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/27/2010, 7:27 pm

You mean like a spin-off ?

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/27/2010, 8:08 pm

yeah! and a portal to get people interested in the players behind the cards. Inspire them to get their own team and perhaps get their own player on a card some day.
Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/27/2010, 8:24 pm

On social networks, I don't think this idea will meet a big success. According to my experience, it will only attract few people. But not a large audience. I may be wrong, but : What's the interest for somebody to trade cards of cartooned basketball players ? Why would it attract them on BuzzerBeater ?

I'm just trowing ideas out there, but it may be interesting to create cards with the effigy of its users. For example, in real life my name is Chuck Norris. I'll have a Chuck Norris card with my BB-stats. I can trade my card with someone I like or that I want. This concept comes close with the 'Friends for Sale' that had a huge impact for an instance.

What do you think ? My English is not as good as you guys so I hope I didn't harm you !

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/27/2010, 11:58 pm

You are probably right. On the other hand, why would anyone play Farmville or Mafia Wars? Razz
Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Back to top Go down

Post by vicelicious on 8/28/2010, 1:29 am

well I'm here... finally : )

a lil drunk.

a lil tired...

and a lil lazy Wink

vicelicious
Consultant

Team D ViceS

Back to top Go down

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/28/2010, 3:18 am

a lil drunk on a friday night is not wrong Wink
Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/28/2010, 4:17 pm

Svett Sleik wrote:You are probably right. On the other hand, why would anyone play Farmville or Mafia Wars? Razz
Because these games are interactive! You get an interaction with other facebook users. There's an immediate progression ! There's a competition between the users. That's why I advised you to make your trading cards more interactive.

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by Svett Sleik on 8/28/2010, 5:37 pm

Ahh. but that was the intention in the first place Wink I am not a native english speaker so although I am proud of my vocabulary I don't always get the point across in a clear and understanding way.

The charm about trading cards is that you have to trade to get the ones you are missing. To reach out it is also a point that the users actively recruits their friends, alas getting people to voluntarily promote Buzzerbeater (even if they may not be aware of it). If many friends join they have more people to trade with, increasing their chance to find that, for instance, "António Silves" card they have been seeking. Come to think of it, it could actually work as a spin off or a standalone idea... $$$
Svett Sleik
Graphic artist

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/30/2010, 5:09 pm

My English is worse than yours you know Razz ! But who cares, we still understand each other, it's not a big deal.

Anyways, try to find someone that controls 'Flash'. It can really be useful for your project.

Last edited by N#23 on 8/30/2010, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting spelling mistakes)

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by F-Rat on 8/30/2010, 8:07 pm

Badder isn't a word. :O
Use worse next time.
F-Rat
Corrector

Team Hobos

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/30/2010, 9:14 pm

F-Rat wrote:Badder isn't a word. :O
Use worse next time.
That's what I meant. F-Rat, official translator of In the Buzzer. You should copyright this product. You can make a lot of bills from it !

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by F-Rat on 8/30/2010, 9:26 pm

What are you implying? Smile
F-Rat
Corrector

Team Hobos

Back to top Go down

Post by N#23 on 8/30/2010, 9:30 pm

That I'm very glad you're part of the team. I wanted to create an English magazine for BuzzerBeater made by BB-fans. That is to say made by people coming from several countries. Diversity is a strength. But it has also its negative aspect : spelling mistakes. So I hope you'll be patient with us and clean the article so that we won't look like trash towards the readers Wink.

N#23
Chief executive

Team Byakko Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Post by F-Rat on 8/30/2010, 9:38 pm

I am trash though. I'm GM of Hobos Razz
F-Rat
Corrector